Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day

I was never a really big fan of Valentines Day. I think that it was partly that I never had a boyfriend until I was 23 to celebrate with. I always felt like it was "Singles Awareness" day or at least that was I called it. 6 years ago, I finally had a boyfriend/fiance to celebrate with but we ended up in a fight because we both had to work. It is not very often in our married years that we have been able to celebrate Valentines day either because of work. Yesterday however, we were able to go out. It has been awhile that we have been able to take the kids to a sitter (who was his mom) and go out for the evening. We went to dinner and a movie. For me it was nice to spend some quality time with my husband without the children because we do not get to do that very often and it helps us focus on our relationship as husband and wife not as mom and dad. I love my husband and I am glad to have spent time with him.
Also, our twins who are 3 understood it a little and even kept says "Happy Valentines Day" to everyone and giving hugs and kisses and saying " I love You." That was special. I rather spend Valentines Day with those who I love; my husband and my children. It is a good day to let those who are important in our lives that we love them and that we care.

1 comment:

Kira said...

That is funhy. We are the same way. We spent the first Valentines together in the 5 years we have been together. We always have had some kind of scheduling conflict. Isn't that time alone PRICELESS?