Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

I would like ti express my gratitude for the things that are so dear to me in my life.
1). Family: I have two wonderful families. Mine and my husbands. We grew up in wonderful homes that taught us the gospel, helped us to grow up to be who we are, and who are always there for us.
2). A temple marriage: Chris and I have had the honor of being married and sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple 7 1/2 years ago. Marriage is hard but yet very blessed. I love the man I married even more then I dis then 9 years ago when we met.
3. children: The noice they create in our home, the laughter, the smiles are so joyous. They have brought a piece of heaven with them. Knowing that it is difficult to get pregnant without medical intervention, and to have 3 is a blessing from Heaven. Hopefully sometime in the end of summer or early fall we maybe able to great a new member of our family.
4). Our home: Yes it is a condo, and yes it is getting small, but it is still a place that keeps us safe and warm. It is a place where we can be together, play together, teach our children, love our children. Hopefully someday we maybe able to move to a place that is a little bit bigger, but we are greatful that we have what we have,
5). Work: With the economey this last year, I am greatful that both Chris and I have still been able to go to work and provide for our family. It is hard for me to leave for 25 hours a week and see Chris work 50 or more, but we are able to take care of each other and our children because of work. Also, it provides medical insurance so I can keep us healthy as possible.
6). Health and Medical treatments: For the most part we are all healthy, but some of us still need help from a doctor every now and again. The children has regular checkups that accompany shots, Josh fights severe excema, Ashleigh has 2 hemanigoma's, I have PCOS and fight many symptoms and side effects with it, I have to have c-sections when I am pregnant. The children have visited the er at primary children's many times throughout their short life.
7). The gospel: For the teachings of my Savior, The knoweldge that everything is possible because of him and nothing is unbearable without him. To help me be a better person, wife, daughter, sister, co-worker, and mother. To have the atonment so that I can repent of all my wrong doings. For Tithing and the blessings we get from it. For the temple and the blessings my family and myself have recieved becuase of them.
8). For my country, the USA: It is a free country. It has its problems but, I still can be free to live how I want to live or where, To have freedom of religion, to work where I want to work, and do anything I would like to do in my lifetime.
I hope that Thanksgiving is a time that we all can reflect upon the things that we have been so richly blessed and Thanks those around us and our Father in Heaven for all that we have and will be blessed with.
Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Mindee said...

Beautiful, Cathy. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Anonymous said...

I find this so fascinating. Did you guys get married in 2002? I thought it was in March of 2003. Oh well.

PCOS...why does your pcos make it necessary to deliver c-section? I've never heard that being a contributing factor.

Great list of thankfulness!