Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

This evening my family finally got to go see the Draper Temple. I think that it is the last week of the tours. We decided that we would leave Joshua at Chris's mothers to ba babysat while we took the twins. We had been talking to the twins about the temple for quite awhile now and the our Savior lives there. They were excited to go. We got to the chapel which was the "blue" church, (Chris and I know it as the old Drpaer Stake Center and now is known as the Corner Canyon Stake Center). I forgot that Wed nights are YM/YW night and so it was busy with mutual groups there. We sat in the cultural hall for a hour and the twins got anxious and Ashleigh kept saying she wanted to go. They finally moved us into the RS room where we got to see a short video of the importance of the Temple, and then we proceded to go to a bus that would take us to the temple. Thoughout the ride the temple came in and out of view and the twins kept saying "I see it". They were so excited.
It was dark when we got there so the lights were on, and even though it is a small temple, up close it does not seem any smaller than the Jordan River Temple. The rooms were all beautiful and I loved the decor. They say that once you been in the temple and seen it that you seen it all. It is true that the rooms are the same except for size, decor and layout, but the peaceful and calm feeling is the same.
My anniversary is coming up in 2 days and it makes me happy that I made the right decision for me and married my sweethart in the Temple. I am greatful for serving in the temple both as a patron and as a temple worker for a short time. I am glad that I live in a area that there is one in almost every corner that I can look at and attend. When I use to work in the Checkstand at Smith's, I would look out side and directly down the hill was the Jordan River Temple and it gave me so much peace and happiness.
I cannot wait to see my children get old enough that they will be able to partake in the blessings of the temple. Are we not lucky that they are around.

No comments: